Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a referral?
No, a referral is not necessary to see a physiotherapist in Sydney. You may simply ‘turn up’ and tell us your story.
How soon can I see a physio?
We do get very busy, but can generally squeeze you in within a 24 hour period. If you have a particular time frame that you prefer, it is best to book in advance.
What should I expect from my first treatment?
At Monteith Physio you can expect:
- 30 minutes 1 on 1
- A thorough interview and physical exam
- An accurate diagnosis
- ‘Hands on’ or manual treatment
- A home exercise program that will continually be progressed
- Continued evaluation of work (is this treatment technique working for you?)
- Continued communication with your referrer, trainer or doctor
- Direct referral for necessary investigations, &
- Direct referral to Doctors, Surgeons, and members of the allied health team, as required.
At Monteith Physio, we strive to:
- Provide you with a diagnosis
- Explain the problem and look for possible causes
- Tell you how to help yourself
- Explain the role that physio will play in your rehab, and what it is we can do to help you
- Treat the actual cause of your problem so that you won’t experience recurrences of the same condition
- Give you an estimate of time – how long you will be dealing with this particular problem for
- Meet all your goals, with respect to time and result, through the use of evidence based and clinically proven manual therapy techniques and exercise prescription
- Maintain communication – keeping regular contact with your GP, surgeon, or personal trainer ensures that all concerned with your health or fitness are on the same page, thus ensuring to you the most comprehensive product available
- Deliver a service to you that is punctual – we understand that our patients also have busy schedules and do not want to be kept waiting
- Ensure you receive an appointment within 24 hours
What do I need to bring?
You do not need to bring anything other than yourself and your story. We provide a change of clothes for you. However, if you would be more comfortable in your own clothing, you are more than welcome to bring that along with you. If you have any correspondence from your Doctor or surgeon, this information is helpful, so please do bring this along with any investigation results, films, and reports that you may have.
Can I claim a rebate from my health fund?
Yes, a HICAPS facility is available on site, so that you – the patient, can claim your refund immediately, on the spot.
If I have been referred to physio by my GP under a Medicare EPC plan, what cost will I incur?
In order to receive a Medicare rebate for your physiotherapy treatment at Monteith Physio in Sydney, your GP must provide you with an extended primary care plan. This plan states that your condition is chronic, and that they recommend physiotherapy as a modality for management of your condition. This entitles you to a Medicare rebate, for up to 5 treatment sessions only within a twelve month period. You will be required to make full payment at the time of consultation and claim your rebate from Medicare at a later date.