Neck Pain and Headaches – Sydney CBD
Neck and back pain can be extremely uncomfortable, impacting ones life significantly. Our experienced therapists at Monteith Physio have been treating neck pain and headaches for the busy professional in Sydney CBD and Sydney City for more than 12 years. In fact, other physiotherapists often travel to Monteith Physio to have their neck’s assessed and treated by our skilled clinicians.
If you are currently suffering from a neck condition, don’t hesitate to call us on 9252 2433 to book an appointment today.
Neck Pain Signs and Symptoms
Neck pain, something that we at Monteith Physio have all experienced personally, can manifest in many ways:
- Pain that is present in the neck only
- Pain in the neck that also spreads to:
- Thoracic spine and upper trapezious
- Shoulder/arm/hand/fingers and thumbs
- Back of the head or occiput
Neck pain can be caused by many structures, but the 2 most common nociceptive sources that we see are:
- Bulging discs, &
- Facet joints.
Neck pain can be extremely uncomfortable, impacting ones life significantly. If you have ever woken with a sore neck, and have been unable to lift your head off the pillow – you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about! Dysfunction of one of the many structures within the neck can also cause:
- Headaches (cervicogenic headache vs tension headache)
- Blurred vision
- Drop attacks
- Problems with speech & swallowing.
With such significant symptoms possibly attributed to the neck, if you are currently experiencing neck pain or any of the above mentioned symptoms, it is obviously quiet important for you to get your neck assessed by an expert in the musculoskeletal system, a physiotherapist.
When experiencing neck pain, people often have great difficultly:
- Sitting at their work station (productivity will decrease)
- Maintaining regular exercise – Gym, weights and cardio will all cease, &
- Focusing on a task.
Treatment of neck pain and headaches at Monteith Physio
At Monteith Physio, we take a “holistic” approach to the management of your neck pain. Together with an accurate diagnosis (finding the exact pain causing structure), we assess you as a person. We will look at:
- Your sleeping position/s
- Your pillow (we often get patients to bring their pillow into the clinic for assessment)
- Your work station
- Your sitting position – we have a 3 point posture system
- Your muscle imbalances:
- Areas of increased tone, &
- Obvious weaknesses
At Monteith Physio, we rehabilitate that nociceptive structure and address all of the above possible causes for your pain. With this quite thorough approach to neck pain management, we are confident that we can reduce your pain, and most importantly, prevent it from returning.
Whilst we excel in improving patient outcomes in the above mentioned ‘common conditions’, Physiotherapists at Monteith Physio also have a special interest in assessing and treating those ‘hard to find’ injuries. We have a saying around here: ‘make sure you see the injury before it sees you!’
Some of these ‘more obscure’ conditions include:
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint), or ‘Jaw’ Dysfunction
- Costovertebral, Sternocostal & Sternoclavicular Joint injuries
- Rib, & Rib Cartilage sprains
- Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ) Dysfunction
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Labral Tears of the hip & shoulder
- Overuse Injuries;
- ITB Friction/Compression Syndrome
- Anterior Knee Pain, or, Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tendinopathies of;
- Achilles tendon
- Patella tendon
- Gluteus Medius tendon
- Hamstrings origin tendon
- Biceps Femoris tendon
- Adductor tendons
- Long Head of Biceps tendon
- Wrist Extensor & Flexor tendons
- Bursitis, most commonly at the hip, knee & shoulder
- Stress Fractures, more commonly in the lower limb
- Compartment Syndrome
- Joint Capsule Adhesions & Synovitis
- Morton’s Neuroma of the Foot
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), & other Chronic pains.
GET RELIEF TODAY!
If you are currently suffering with neck pain and headaches and are looking for the best health practitioner to help you get back on track, don’t hesitate to call Kate on 9252 2433 to book an appointment today.Contact us