Bike Fit Sydney CBD
Now Available @ Monteith Physio!
PAIN ON THE BIKE LIMITING YOUR KM’S?
This is a unique service that combines the biomechanical and anatomical expertise of a physiotherapist (one who is a seasoned rider with a profound interest in cycling) to give you the most complete bike fitting service available.
This service combines the knowledge and skill of physiotherapy with the quite specialized technical abilities of a bicycle fitting specialist. Monteith Physio has 1 person with the exceptional skills in both of these disciplines. These two professions obviously work well together to ensure the most comfortable and biomechanically correct fit for each individual patient to their specific machine.
In undertaking a Bike Fit at Monteith Physio we aim to enhance your cycling performance (i.e. power and efficiency) through increasing comfort and, most importantly, reducing the risk of cycling-related injuries. The Monteith Physio bike fitting service is appropriate for all levels of cyclists and triathletes, from the beginner to the complete athlete.
- Have a history of cycling related injuries, or
- Now want to start to take your riding seriously in preparation for an event, or
- Have just purchased a new bike and want the bike to fit optimally to yourself,
Then a Monteith Physio Bike Fit is for you!
Comprehensive ‘Bike Fit’ & Physiotherapy Review
What to Expect?
1. An ‘off the bike’ interview to ascertain your complete cycling & injury history
2. A comprehensive musculoskeletal screen, performed by a physiotherapist, to assess your specific body attributes and significant biomechanical measurements that would affect your position on the bike. This will look at your physical capabilities including joint range, flexibility, and is coupled with a dynamic strength assessment.
3. A cycling video analysis is conducted to observe the current ‘fit’ of you and your bicycle. The fitting process is then conducted by combining the results of the screening, video analysis, bike geometry, and the biomechanical findings to provide your optimal riding position. *
4. An individualised exercise program is then recommended and provided, on an ‘as needs’ basis, to the athlete targeting their identified issues to make their body more suitable to the often heavy demands of cycling. Such issues may include inadequate flexibility at particular joints/levels, and poor strength of the trunk, pelvis or legs.
*Any additional bike parts recommended are at the complete discretion of the athlete and will have an added cost.
Please Bring the Following to Your Bike Fit Assessment
2. Cycling shoes (including orthotics) + spare cleats
3. Cycling clothing (knicks and jersey), &
4. Any spare parts (saddles, stems etc).
1. How long will this Bike Fit consultation take? 2 hours.
2. Can I come in before or after work? Yes, we do our very best to accommodate you and your schedule.
3. What is the cost? $349.00
4. Can I claim using my private health insurance card?
Yes, you may. Simply bring your card along with you.
If you are enjoying your cycling, but not the pain associated with the increased miles, then pick up the phone and call Kate today to book your individualised bike fit at Monteith Physio, Sydney CBD. Phone (02) 9252 2433.Contact us